Top 5 Hotels in New York
Top 5 Flights to New York
Top 5 Stores to New York
Top 5 To Do New York
Weather in New York
Latest New York News
If you have tried all the major designer shops, outlets and department stores we have another recommendation from a young fashion designer. Next time you visit NYC, go to trendy Greenwich Village at 159 Bleecker Street. Here you find one …
French bakery Maison LadurÃ©e has justed opened their 2nd macaron shop in New York. The first location for Maison LadurÃ©e was in the Upper East Side. 2.5 year later, the new shop will now open up in Soho. Pastry and …
The exclusive shopping centre, Barneys New York, has been accused of racial profiling by at least two black customers the last week, reports Reuters. After purchasing an expensive fashion itemt at Barneys, Trayon Christian (a black male), was arrested. They …
One of the world’s oldest and most reputable auto shows open up for the public tomorrow; New York Auto Show. The international car show has been held annual in NYC since 1900. It’s not only American brands showcasing their latest …
Do you want to save money when shopping for t-shirts. It can be really useful to follow our advice.
Department Stores in NYC
Top 3 Famous Department Stores in New Yorkâ€¢ Bloomingdales: Upscale chain of department stores with the same owners as Macy's.
â€¢ Macys: Classified as a mid-range to upscale chain of department stores.
â€¢ Henri Bendel: Founded in 1896, this department store provides an intimate boutique experience for chic, fashionable and youthful clothing.
3 High End Department Stores in Manhattanâ€¢ Barneys: Founded in 1923, this chain of luxury department stores focus mainly on clothing, footwear, bedding and jewelry.
â€¢ Bergdorf Goodman: High-end department store on 5th Avenue in Midtown Manhattan which been around since 1899.
â€¢ Saks Fifth Avenue: Upscale department store group with it's flagship store located on 5th Avenue in Midtown.
Top 3 Department stores for bargain huntersDuring Christmas and thanksgiving, there are a few favourite places for shopping lovers. We especially recommend the following three:
â€¢ Century 21: Legendary retailer offering designer merchandise at discount prices year-round.
â€¢ Macys: Great for Christmas shopping but even better for sale shopping shortly after.
â€¢ Bloomingdales: One of the top places for bargain hunters but only during sale season.
Before going to department storesHere are 8 simple rules successful shoppers keep in mind before visiting department stores in New York.
1. Set a budget before you go and stick to it.
2. Write a shopping list and bring it! Without a shopping list, you're buying items you never use.
3. Don't buy just because it's on sale.
4. Know your sizes. Dress size 8 in UK is equal to 4 in US while clothing size 10 in UK is equal to 8 in U.S. Womenâ€™s shoe size 7 1/2 in U.S equals size 5 in UK. See Wiki for more info.
5. Check for current deals. Great saving can be made if you find the right offers.
6. Compare prices by looking at different brands for certain fashion items, including store brands.
7. Invest in the essentials: Rather spend a bit extra on essentials that last for many years.
8. Visit during slow times: Early mornings are one of my favorite times to go to department stores.